04 Apr KBR Chefs Represent at AgFest
Just a few more days until AgFest, and we are so excited that five chefs from Kā‘anapali Beach Resort will be taking the stage as part of Grand Taste 2018.
Grand Taste is all about delicious “Grown on Maui” tastings, and with Kā‘anapali’s commitment to culinary excellence, we know our locavore crew will be fired up! This year’s event features 14 chefs, the largest number since Grand Taste started nine years ago.
Check out this list of Kā‘anapali talent, and see what they’re cooking up:
– Charlie Owen, Hula Grill Kā‘anapali: Malama Farm Pork Pot Stickers with local citrus ponzu, spicy pickled papaya, micro basil
– Gevin Utrillo, Japengo at The Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa: Singapore Style Shrimp, pineapple-shiso shave ice featuring Adoboloco hot sauce, Maui Onion, local egg, Maui Pineapple, local shiso
– Jacob Arakawa, Pailolo at The Westin Kā‘anapali Ocean Resort Villas: ‘Ulu Arepas de Pastor, local ‘ulu corn cake, marinated Malama Farm Berkshire pork belly, pineapple pico de gallo, Aji
– Lyndon Honda, The Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa: KaloFried Rice + Kalo Pork Hash Pastele
– Ryan Luckey, Leilani’s on the Beach: Springtime Panzanellawi
KBR is always proud to demonstrate our support of local agriculture (and even better if there are ‘ono samples involved!)
Be part of the culinary excitement! The 11th Annual Maui County Agricultural Festival goes down this Saturday, April 7, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Grand Taste will wow fans from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. For the best value, buy your Grand Taste tickets online at mauiagfest.org for $30 per person (or $40 on site). $5 AgFest admission fee is waived with purchase of a Grand Taste ticket.