16 May “Turf Meets Surf” Chef Exchange Kā’anapali Ticket Giveaway
This Promotion is open to legal residents of the United States only. Participants must be over the age of 21 at the time of entry. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE.
The “Turf Meets Surf” Chef Exchange Kā’anapali Ticket Giveaway! (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:01 a.m. HST on 5/17/18 (the “Promotion Start Date”) and ends at 10:00 a.m. HST on 5/23/18 (the “Promotion End Date”), such period referred to herein as the “Promotion Period.”
The Promotion is sponsored by Ka’anapali Beach Resort Association (the “Promotion Sponsor”). The Promotion Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Promotion. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promotion Sponsor, and not to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion shall be directed to the Promotion Sponsor and not to Facebook.
1. How to Enter: To enter the Promotion:
1) Visit and Like the Ka’anapali Beach Resort Association Facebook page at
2) Comment on contest image.
By entering the Promotion, you agree that you have read and will abide by these Official Rules.
2. Prize: There will be one  prize offered to the winner of the Promotion, consisting of two tickets to attend “Turf Meets Surf” Collaboration Dinner on Sat. May 26, from 5:30 to 9 p.m. at Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa . Guests must be 21 years or older to attend.
Additional incidentals, such as (but not limited to) alcohol, extra dishes, parking, spa, mini-bar, are not included in prize. Odds of winning are affected by the number of eligible entries received by the Promotion Sponsor by the Promotion End Date. Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $200.00 Allow 24 hours after validation of arrangement for receipt of prize. There is no substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prizes allowed. Winner will be solely responsible for all other expenses in excess of the prize amount. The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. The Promotion Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. For residents of the United States: all federal, state, and local taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the winner. If the winner is a resident of the United States and the value of the prize is $600 or greater, she or he will be issued an IRS 1099 U.S. Tax Form “Miscellaneous Income” for the actual value of the prize and is advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of the prize winnings. In order to receive a prize, winner may be required to provide proof of identification.
3. Eligibility: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, who are at least 21 years old at the time of entry. Each participant must have a unique, valid email address, a valid account on Facebook, and Like and allow Access to the Promotion application on Facebook. Participants are not required to maintain their Like status of the Promotion Sponsor Facebook page, and may Unlike the Promotion Sponsor Facebook Page at any time after entry. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant accepts the terms and conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to adhere to Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Promotion Sponsor and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in the Promotion. Failure to comply with either the terms and conditions in these Official Rules, or the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities shall result in disqualification, and will allow the Promotion Sponsor to select an alternate winner. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of (i) the Promotion Sponsor, its affiliates and subsidiaries, (ii) Kaanapali Beach Resort Association (collectively), (iii) owners (“Owners”) of hotels and resorts managed by/working with Beach Resort Association, and (iv) Promotion Sponsor’s, Owners’ advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state, provincial/territorial and local laws and regulations. Entries that are submitted in connection with the Promotion will only be eligible if such entries do not contain content that is unlawful, hateful or obscene, in the Promotion Sponsor’s sole discretion, and do not include any other identifiable individual other than the individual participant unless prior express consent is obtained from such individual. The Promotion Sponsor will allow only those entries that meet all of these criteria, in the sole discretion of the Promotion Sponsor, to be posted.
4. Use of Content: By submitting content to the Promotion Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, you automatically represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, and do hereby grant, to Promotion Sponsor and Ka’anapali Beach Resort Association and owners of hotels and resorts managed by/working with Beach Resort Association the paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, non-exclusive right and license to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any such content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate all or any portion of it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party that may exist in such content; and (b) use the content, including without limitation, the right and license to make, use, sell, offer for sale, and import any products and/or services which practice or embody, or are configured for use in practicing, all or any portion of the content and the right to practice. You warrant that the content has not been copied from any third party and its use by Promotion Sponsor or any other third party licensed above will not infringe or involve the misappropriation of any third party rights and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Promotion Sponsor and all other third parties licensed above from and against any breach of this warranty. Under no circumstances will the Promotion Sponsor or any another third party licensed above be required to treat such content as confidential. The Promotion Sponsor will be entitled to use the content in accordance with this Section 4 without permission from or compensation to you or any other person. For the avoidance of doubt, the PromotionSponsor will not be liable to you or any other person for any ideas for the Promotion Sponsor’s business (including, without limitation, product designs or ideas) derived from the content and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities to the content that may appear in any future products or services of the Promotion Sponsor. By submitting content, you acknowledge that any personal data supplied by you may be used by the Promotion Sponsor or its agents to conduct and support the promotion, including to inform the winning participant of its winning entry, to distribute the prize, to comply with Section 8 below and otherwise as may be required by law. In addition, Promotion Sponsor may use any such personal data for the purpose of sending commercial marketing and communication emails to you. Promotion Sponsor may also share any such personal data with third parties for the purpose of commercial marketing and communications. You hereby consent to such use. You have the right to access, modify and request the destruction of your personal data at any time by sending a request to the Promotion Sponsor; and you have the right to opt out from receiving such marketing and communication at any time by sending a message to the Promotion Sponsor.
5. Selection of Winners: On or about 5/23/18 (the “Selection Date”), the Promotion Sponsor will select the winner. The winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by the Promotion End Date. The choice of winner is final and binding and not subject to review or appeal. The winner will be notified by e-mail using the information provided on the official entry form within 24 hours of the Selection Date. Participants whose Like status is not public, must send Promotion Sponsor a screenshot of their Like Status, to prove fulfillment of Promotion Entry Rules.
In the event the winner does not accept the prize within one (1) day of such notice, the winner is ineligible, or the prize or prize notification is not deliverable, an alternate winner may be selected. The alternate winner will also have one (1) day to accept the prize. The Promotion Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address (by reference only to the state, province, county or region), likeness, and/or prize information by Promotion Sponsor, and Beach Resort Association for promotional purposes in any medium without additional permission or compensation to the extent permitted by law. Where lawful, the winner may be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release. Prizes won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his or her state or providence of residence will be awarded to such minor’s parent or legal guardian, who may be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release.
6. Conditions: The Promotion Sponsor, Kaanapali Beach Resort Association, Owners and Facebook, and their respective agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (the “Released Entities”), are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim (to the fullest extent permitted by law), all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, unintelligible or postage-due entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Promotion Sponsor; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Promotion should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Promotion Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In the event that proper administration of the Promotion is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, the Promotion Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible, non suspect entries received prior to such occurrence. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. By participating in the Promotion, participants and winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Entities, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Promotion, participation in the Promotion, the prize, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity.
7. Winners List: For the name of the winner(s), please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Promotion Sponsor within ninety (90) days of the Selection Date (residents of Vermont and Washington may exclude postage)
8. Promotion Sponsor: Kaanapali Beach Resort Association
9. Notice: The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Promotion in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
10. Copyright © 2018 Kaanapali Beach Resort Association. All rights reserved. Any other trademarks in these Official Rules are used for prize identification purposes ONLY and are the properties of their respective owners.