The Maui Tastemakers Series at Japengo in Hyatt Regency Maui returns Friday, January 6 and will feature cuisine prepared by Japengo Chef de Cuisine Gevin Utrillo, Sushi Chef Jin Hosono and craft beer pairings from Lahaina-based Koholā Brewery each Friday throughout the month. A Pint Night in the Japengo lounge will kick off the first Friday with specials on Koholā draft beers and a meet and greet with the brewer and founder of the brewery. Japengo guests will also be able to try the three featured Koholā Brewery draft beers during the month of January. The Maui Tastemakers Series features dining experiences carefully crafted around and inspired by its local partners. Beginning in January 2017, the award-winning Japengo restaurant will offer a tastemakers dining experience each Friday every other month to showcase the outstanding food and drink of the area and personalities behind them in an intimate and interactive setting.
“Due to its popularity we’ve decided to offer even more tastemakers dinners this year at Japengo,” said Gevin Utrillo, Japengo Chef de Cuisine. “We’re excited to celebrate and share the flavors of Maui with our guests and kick off the series with Koholā Brewery based right here in Lahaina.”
Friday Maui Tastemakers dinners in January will feature an $80 prix fixe three-course menu accentuated by the flavors of Koholā Brewery. Beer pairings will feature 7 oz. pours.
- Chef Jin’s Kaua’i Sweet Shrimp and Scallop Carpaccio with uni, ikura, avocado, pineapple lokahi jelly, white truffle oil, shiso and micro greens. Served with Pineapple Lokahi Pilsner.
- Kai Ala Braised Shortrib with lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, smoked tomato risotto, hamakua mushroom and tatsoi. Served with Kai Ala Saison.
- Chocolate Pot De Crème with haupia and sea salt. Served with Mean Bean Coffee Stout.
Upcoming 2017 tastemakers dinners will take place every Friday in the following months:
- March – Adobo Loco Hot Sauce with Kauai sweet shrimp and Molokai spot prawns
- May – Ocean Vodka
- July – Simpli Fresh Produce and Maui Shrub
Japengo is open nightly featuring dinner and sushi bar service from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., lounge service from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., and happy hour from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
For more information about Japengo or to make a reservation for an upcoming tastemakers dinner, visit the Japengo website: www.japengomaui.com